Why holding your SIV course at Idroland Fly Zone?
Here's a list of the main features this fly zone can offer the schools that organize SIV courses.
- Help from our association in organizing your first SIV course at Lake Idro, including familiarizing you with the area suggesting accomodations and collaborations with other schools
- The Fly Zone is located in a quite area, far from the main traffic junctions
- Services available at the landing zone: Bar from June to September, toilets and warm showers, 3 rooms to analyze video performances
- Three rooms for classes and video analysis, two seating 30 people and one seating 10, all with flight simulator, television and tables for emergency paraglider foldings.
- Beach area with multiple locations to set up video cameras (see map).
- Ample parking area next to the landing zone (see map)
- Altitude drop of the flight: 1200 metres(700 metres above the lake)
- Take-off area can be reached through a paved, scarcely busy road (25 minutes from Idroland)
- Large take-off area that can fit up to 10 unfolded paragliders before flight; flat area at the beginning followed by a 35/40 slope
- Take-off zone divided into 4 sub-sections for flight schools (see map)
- Flights take place mostly over the lake, ideal feature for testers, acrobatic maneuvers, SIV courses and paragliding beginners.
- Wide landing area right next to the Lake itself
- Docks for emergency rafts
- Availability of an emergency raft for rental
Why should you return to Idroland Fly Zone after your SIV course?
Because it is a wonderful location to enjoy your holidays with friends or family.
Campings, hostels, B&Bs and hotels near the lake make it a comfortable, relaxing holiday spot.
This is a tourist spot which does not see too much traffic but offers many interesting attractions: beaches, pools, cultural locations, surf and kite surf schools, indoor and outdoor climbing gyms, vie ferrate, canyoning routes, trekking trails, etc.